Friday, July 4, 2014

Red, White. and Blue

Happy Independence Day America!  Today over at the Power Poppy Blog
is a challenge…to use your countries colors.  It’s the red, white, and blue for the USA.   So today, I pulled out the beautiful Geraniums for the challenge.
DPK_PP_Geraniums_challenge_wm
I printed the digital image twice.  One image I colored and cut out to pop up over the base image.  The base and mat were both cut out using Spellbinders dies, blossoms.  I used Copic markers to color the image and some Wheat ink from a Memento Dew Drop to sponge with the die still in place.
The paper is from the Authentique paper pad Pride.
Come join us for a fun patriotic challenge!  See what the Bloom Brigade has for your inspiration too!

Christine Okken
Danielle Kennedy (you are here)
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan

6 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Happy 4th of July. Pretty card. Have a fun day. hugs...

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Danielle! I like how you popped up the blooms, wonderful rich coloring. Happy 4th of July!

ChristineCreations said...

The colours are so rich Danielle! I love that you really made the geranium blooms large so they’re the showpiece.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Danielle, your colors are vibrant and beautiful! What a gorgeous card layout, and I love your geraniums, especially in the blossoms die! Stunning, and I've downloaded my Freedom Ring digis! Happy Fourth...and thanks for sharing another beauty! Hugs!

Marcella Hawley said...

“Oooh, baby I love your ways.“ Danielle, I love how you zoomed in straight to the big ol‘ pom-pom blooms! What a showy center of deep, warm, saturated reds. You make it look like the flowers are double-blossoms with all of your shading. Love the patriotic patterns and twine, too! Hubba hubba!

Leslie Miller said...

Super gorgeous Americana design with those fabulous flowers! Love!