Friday, November 15, 2013

The Midas Touch

Welcome to Friday folks!  Lets get this weekend kicked off right!  I have another beauty from the new Vintage Time release from A Day For Daisies
It’s also a challenge today and that is to use gold on your project.  Here I have used Fancy Dress Fairy.  And fancy she is!
DPK_ADFD_FancyDressFairy
After printing the image I colored it with Copic Markers then trimmed it closely leaving a small white border.   I popped the image up on a doily mounted on patterned paper from the Authentique Irresistible paper pad.  I added a banner I created from gold glitter paper from a DCWV Mat Stack.   I also added gold glitter to her wings for lots of sparkle.  Working with opaque glitter can be challenging and it was hard to find the right amount to add.  Too little looked like her wings had big bald spots, and too much was, well, too much!   I see myself taking the knife to those wings and trying again, lol!  She’s still a very pretty fairy with lots of sparkle!
Please join us for this weeks Gold challenge.  We love to see your creations!  Now visit our designers and get some inspiration from this weeks creations!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

What a pretty fairy, and I think her wings look beautiful! Sort of an elegant, almost distressed look. At any rate, it's a gorgeous card!

Carol Dee said...

WOW, she is pretty. Looks like you are on a gold roll! The fabulous wedding card and now this sweet fairy. Have a wonderful weekend, hugs...

Julia Aston said...

Wow - another lovely creation with gold and black Danielle! What a wonderful fairy!